Sources for More Information
Bulletin July/August 2021: Save Your Trees from Subtle Death
Every state has extension services with experts ready to help. Saving trees during construction is a subject area in which professional advice is available at many of the state or county extension offices. Here are a few examples with direct links to publications about trees and construction:
- Clemson University
- Colorado State University
- University of Massachusetts
- Penn State University
- Purdue University
- University of Tennessee
Not all arborists have experience with advising land owners on how to save trees during construction. Some with notable qualifications and are listed here. No endorsement is intended and others will be added if brought to our attention.
- Bartlett Tree Experts
- Davey Tree Expert Company
- SC&A, Inc. This one was founded by the late Steve Clark, a pioneer in saving trees during construction.
- Wetland Studies and Solutions, Inc.
Three Key Publications
All are available at the International Society of Arboriculture online store.
- Managing Trees During Construction
- Trees and Development
- ANSI A300 Construction Management Strategies
8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Last Updated: 07/16/21