Sources for More Information
Bulletin #71: The Healing Power of Trees
Quick Links to Helpful Information
- Green Cities: Good Health — This website maintained by the University of Washington is a comprehensive summary of trees and mental health. Included are dozens of references to related studies.
- Forest Research summarizes studies in the relationship between health and urban forestry as of 2010 in the United Kingdom.
- The Landscape and Human Health Laboratory at the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is the portal to many of the key studies about the health and other societal benefits of trees.
- Dimensions Educational Research Foundation, co-sponsor of Nature Explore, features research and other programs related to the importance of introducing young children to nature.
Other Organizations of Interest
- American Horticultural Therapy Association
- Coalition for Education in the Outdoors
- U.S. Forest Service, Kids in the Woods Program
Researchers Mentioned in Bulletin 71
The following are presented in the order in which they appear in the bulletin. Click on the name to find the titles of these scientists, their professional affiliations and information about the studies they have conducted.