Partner with the Arbor Day Foundation’s Energy-Saving Trees program to plant trees where they make the most impact. With Energy-Saving Trees, making a positive impact is easy. When it's easy, we all benefit. See how trees benefit our cities below.
Trees Make Saving Simple
- A tree planted for shade or windbreak results in lower utility bills every month.
- Well-placed trees can reduce consumer energy use by 20%.
Trees Make Water Clean
- Cement keeps rainwater above ground. Trees filter water as they soak it down.
- Trees prevent stormwater runoff and the transport of chemicals into streams and drinking water.
Trees Make Air Fresh
- One Tree can absorb up to 48 pounds of carbon dioxide every year.
- One large tree can provide clean oxygen for up to four people.
Trees Make Communities Cool
- An urban tree canopy can reduce city temps by 10 degrees.
- Summers bring hot sun. Trees bring cool shade.
Trees Make People Happy
- Park users report lower levels of anxiety and sadness after visiting parks.
- Studies have shown that children and youth living in greener neighborhoods are calmer and healthier.
What is Energy-Saving Trees?
Energy-Saving Trees is designed to provide homeowners with trees they can reserve and plant on their property – getting the right tree in the right place. We do this through an online mapping tool powered by iTree technology that takes the guesswork out of tree planting, by helping identify the ideal location for energy savings.
When you partner with the Arbor Day Foundation we’ll work with you from start to finish, customer outreach to tree delivery. The benefits of the Energy-Saving Trees program are numerous. Not only are you able to provide your customers with free trees, you also generate positive media attention and public awareness for the work you are doing in the communities where you live.
We look forward to showing you the Energy-Saving Trees tool and building a program that works for you. Together we will create happier homeowners and healthier cities, while cleaning the air and water! Sign up for a free demo below.