As the primary applicant, you must:
Have a vested interest in the success of the project and local connection to the community.
- Preference will be given to applicants based in the community where the project is taking place.
- NOTE: If the primary applicant is not the municipality, a letter of participation must come from the municipality stating their approval of the project and your ownership of its execution and long-term investment in the community.
- Meet the TD Green Space Grant eligibility criteria.
- Complete and submit an online application by 11:59 p.m. Pacific time on February 7, 2019. View Application Worksheet
To complete this application, you will need:
- A general description of the project taking place, including the educational opportunities, project location, partners, proposed budget, timeline, and methods for measuring success.
A street address for the proposed project.NOTE: To be eligible for a TD Green Space Grant, your project must take place within TD’s footprint in the United States or Canada, with priority being given to projects in areas that primarily serve low- to moderate-income residents or take place in equity-seeking communities.
For U.S. Applicants Only: To identify the LMI status of your project, visit the FFIEC Geocoding/Mapping System. (Type in the exact address with city, state, and zip code then search. When the info comes up on the left, select Census Demographic Data. Look for the Tract Income Level. If your project serves an area that says Low or Moderate, it falls within this parameter.)
Letter(s) of participation from any main project partners that will be collaborating to complete the project.
For your convenience, template language has been provided, or feel free to create your own. Your application will NOT be considered complete until this letter is submitted.
If you are selected to receive a grant, your community will be expected to:
- Sign and return Grant Agreement and W9 form by April 30, 2019.
- Attend 1–2 planning calls throughout the course of the grant cycle.
- Complete the proposed project by November 30, 2019.
- Submit a final accomplishment report by December 16, 2019. Exceptions to the reporting deadline may be granted at the discretion of TD and the Arbor Day Foundation.
- Hold a community engagement event, which includes both community and TD representatives. This event can take place anytime during the grant cycle, but the selected date must be communicated to the Arbor Day Foundation at least 8–10 weeks prior to the event taking place. Examples of events include a community’s annual Arbor Day celebration, a project groundbreaking/launch, or tree planting.
- Provide opportunities over the course of the project for local TD employees to be engaged as volunteers.
Download Your TD Green Space Grant Application Today
TD Green Space Grants is a TD Bank program administered by the Arbor Day Foundation.
Questions? Contact the grants administrator at .