Harvest Celebration Continues at Arbor Day Farm with Family-Themed Activities and Outdoor Adventures
For more information, contactJeff Salem, Director of Communications & Public Relations, email
Late October – Early November Peak Time to View Fall Foliage
Nebraska City, Neb. (October 21, 2013)
What/When: Arbor Day Farm celebrates harvest season with a series of ongoing activities throughout the fall including:
• U-Pick apples and pumpkins from the Tree Adventure pumpkin patch
• Hayrack rides: Available Saturdays and Sundays 11am-5pm (through October 31)
• Hot and cold cider available at the Apple House Market
• Discovery Ride: Giving daily rides at 1pm through the forest with a stop in Preservation Orchard for an apple tasting (through October 31) (Additional ride times available on Saturdays and Sundays.)
• Tree Adventure: Visitors can explore wood carvings along the trail from Art in the Woods-Wood Carvers Edition
• Corn Maze: Open thru early November
• A pumpkin party October 26, 9am-5pm
• Excellent viewing opportunities for fall foliage
Where: Arbor Day Farm, 2611 Arbor Avenue, Nebraska City, NE
Why: Arbor Day Farm is a National Historic Site with 260 acres of land to explore. Arbor Day Farm remains open year-round providing visitors with the opportunity to experience outdoor adventures, fall colors, and locally sourced foods. Late October into early November is prime-time for viewing fall foliage because of the vibrant colors the leaves have developed.
Arbor Day Farm offers Nature Explore classrooms, a collaboration with Dimensions Educational Research Foundation that combines outdoor research-based spaces and connects children with nature. Visitors have the opportunity to engage with textures, smells, and other wonders of nature while improving their learning skills.
The Discovery Ride takes you through orchards and vineyards, over streambeds, and all across the historic 260 acres of Arbor Day Farm. Along the way, a Nature Interpreter shares interesting facts, historical tidbits, and conservation information about your natural surroundings. You may even find deer, turkey, fox, raccoons, and other woodland creatures at home in the forest.
About the Arbor Day Foundation: The Arbor Day Foundation is a million member nonprofit conservation and education organization with the mission to inspire people to plant, nurture and celebrate trees. More information on the Foundation and its programs can be found at arborday.org