Sources for More Information
Bulletin #90: Understanding Utilities
Utility arboriculture is a highly technical practice that requires special training. The sources included here are by no means exhaustive but should provide a good start for anyone not already in the profession.
These important and informative publications are available from the International Society of Arboriculture
- ANSI A300 Integrated Vegetation Management Standard – Part 7
- Best Management Practices – Integrated Vegetation Management
- Best Management Practices – Utility Pruning of Trees
- EHAP (Electrical Hazards Awareness Program) Training
- ANSI Z133 Safety Standard
- Utility Pruning Workbook
- Career Paths in Arboriculture Utility Arborist/Forester
Related Arbor Day Foundation Programs and Publications
Two Key Organizations
An Important Magazine
Some of the online videos produced by ComEd, an electric utility in Illinois:
Other Educational Material
Most utilities have educational pamphlets, posters, and other printed material that help promote safety around energized lines and planting the right trees near power lines. Contact your local energy provider for information.
Last Updated: 06/11/21
Get the Latest News and Info Right in Your Inbox
By subscribing, you will receive stories illustrating the power of trees, the latest news and updates, and how we can make a positive impact together.