Sources for More Information
Bulletin #72: Working with Contracts and Contractors
For more information about the organizations mentioned in this bulletin:
- American Public Works Association
- International Society of Arboriculture
- Texas Trees Foundation
- Trees Atlanta
Key Links for More Depth about Contracts
- Meditec does a good job of explaining the many parts and nuances of a contract.
- Cornell University Law School's Legal Information Institute is another good starting point to learn more about contracts.
- Sample copies of contracts are available at the website of the Professional Landscape Network, but you must be a member to gain access.
- What you should look for in an arborist, including an explanation of ISA certification.
- More on what to look for when hiring an arborist can be found in Arbor Day Foundation's Tree City USA Bulletin No. 6.
Last Updated: 03/25/19