Who Should Attend
Wondering whether the Partners in Community Forestry Conference is the right place for you? A wide range of professionals attend this annual event, including:
- Urban Planners
- City Arborists
- Parks and Recreation Managers
- Landscape Architects
- Nonprofit Directors
- Environmental Consultants
- Utility Arborists
- City Managers
- State Foresters
- Individuals who make decisions regarding the trees in their communities
We are the urban forestry community. All of us. And without question, our ability to create meaningful partnerships will play an essential role in the future of our urban and community forests. The Partners in Community Forestry Conference provides the chance to meet new partners and peers at one of the largest annual urban forestry gathering of its kind.
What do these partnerships look like? Here are just a few examples:
- Urban Planners working with City Arborists to ensure proper species diversity.
- Public Works Officials partnering with Environmental Consultants to use trees in improving storm-water retention infrastructure.
- Utility Officials and Nonprofit Organizations working together to ensure proper tree placement and right-of-way pruning techniques.
- Parks and Recreation Mangers teaming up with Community Leaders to develop new youth-based tree planting programs.
- Landscape Architects connecting with City Managers to cultivate innovative urban beautification solutions.
- Local business owners partnering with tree planting groups to revitalize retail corridors.
- Community tree advocates working with Architects to preserve valuable and/or historically significant trees.
- Universities collaborating with social scientists to present cutting edge urban forestry research.