It is beneficial if all the money needed for your event can be raised before too much work has been completed. There are several opportunities to raise money for an Arbor Day celebration, including plenty of ideas related to trees.
- Sell trees to community members using the Trees for America program.
- Offer the opportunity to purchase tree plantings. People can pay to have trees planted in honor of employees, family and friends. Then provide the honoree with information about the tree and location.
- Hold a craft show with a focus on natural materials and either charge a booth fee or request a percentage of profits.
- Sponsor a stewardship luncheon and sell tickets to area businesses. Invite people to submit nominations for community environmental stewards.
- Offer a workshop led by a tree expert on planting and caring for trees. Charge admission and provide time for Q&A and hands-on planting.
- Hold a silent auction, with items donated by businesses and community members.
- Host a community garage sale. Charge a table fee for sellers and ask for a percentage of profits from food vendors.
- Ask local businesses to sponsor certain events or provide free materials for an activity. Put the company’s name or logo up prominently at the event.
- Ask parent groups and adult organizations to contribute—particularly in the form of volunteer hours.