Methley PlumPrunus salicina
A cultivar of Japanese plum, Methley is a handsome tree that is small, upright, and spreading. It produces heavy, annual crops of juicy, sweet, red-purple fruit that ripens from late May to early July, depending on location. The fruit is juicy, sweet and mild with a distinctive flavor—good for fresh eating or jelly. The Methley plum also serves as a good pollinator for other early bearing Japanese varieties.
- Produces medium to large clingstone fruit with purple-red skin and juicy red flesh with a sweet, mild flavor
- Ripens from late May to mid-July
- Blooms in early spring, profuse with clusters of sweetly fragrant, delicate white flowers
- Is self-fertile, but planting two trees is recommended for a better crop
- Will be delivered at a height of 3'–4'