Nanking CherryPrunus tomentosa
Fragrant white spring flowers, shiny reddish-brown bark, and edible scarlet fruit make the Nanking cherry a favorite for mass plantings and borders. This is a vigorous, adaptable shrub particularly suited to the cold winters and hot summers of the central and northern plains of the United States and Canada. And the dense branching pattern means the shrub is also well-suited for use as a windbreak filler, hedge, or wildlife habitat.
- Provides attractive year-round color
- Grows as a dense shrub
- Produces tart and tangy scarlet-colored cherries from July to August that can be eaten fresh or used in pies, jams, and jellies
- Blooms pale pink or white in the early spring
- Is well-suited for cold winters and hot summers
- Will be delivered at a height of 1'–1'6"