Stayman Winesap AppleMalus domestica 'Stayman Winesa
A lovely combination of tart and sweet, the Stayman winesap apple has been popular since the days of the pioneers. They are not only tasty but also long-lived after being harvested, lasting 6 months or more in the refrigerator. The rich, wine-like flavor works well for applesauce, pies and cider, and they are delicious when eaten fresh.
- Produces large red apples great for fresh eating, cooking, baking, and cider
- Blooms pink in mid- to late spring and yields ripe fruit in mid- to late October
- Can be pollinated with yellow delicious, red delicious, red Jonathan, or early harvest
- Cannot pollinate other apple trees
- Will be delivered at a height of 3'–4'