Scarlet Fire® DogwoodCornus kousa 'Rutpink'
This newly developed kousa dogwood cultivar is a real springtime standout. The Scarlet Fire dogwood burst onto the landscaping scene in 2016 with blossoms in a dark pink shade yet to be achieved by other cultivars. The vibrant color has been drawing in homeowners and landscaper alike, with the added appeal of being low-maintenance as well as drought-tolerant. The Scarlet Fire dogwood is a rare find indeed.
- Features unique, dark pink to fuchsia blooms that span 4" to 5" (color is light pink for the first 1–2 years as the tree becomes well-established; best color results from placement in fertile soil and full sun)
- Blooms late May to early June
- Tolerates both drought and heat
- Is more resistant to disease than other dogwoods
- Will be delivered at a height of 2'6"–3'