pinterest-circle facebook-circle twitter-circle instagram-circle ss-standard-direct-right ss-standard-cart ss-standard-close ss-standard-exit ss-standard-notebook ss-standard-redirect ss-standard-rows ss-standard-search ss-standard-user delivery-truckarrow-right-line
orders cart log in search

Cooperative Extension Service

To properly diagnose a pest or disease problem, begin by contacting the Cooperative Extension Service in your county or parish.

Your local Cooperative Extension office is the best source for assistance with home gardening pest and disease questions. With the help of volunteer Master Gardeners, the Extension agents can quickly answer most inquiries about plant health care and local conditions.

Pest and disease diagnosis services for professionals—including certified arborists, nursery growers, landscapers and orchardists—are also available through the Cooperative Extension offices.

Find Your Cooperative Extension Office

Special note is designed to provide non-biased information to the general public with no intended endorsement of specific products, companies, or services. It is important members follow the published recommendations of their own respective State Cooperative Extension Service when considering pesticide, insecticide, fungicide, and herbicide recommendations for the care of trees and shrubs. You may decide to seek an organic, Plant Health Care (PHC) or Integrated Pest Management (IPM) solution to your problem. Questions related to cultural practices and issues not specifically covered by should always be referred to your local Cooperative Extension office, Certified Arborist, or local Nursery Professional. Questions concerning commercial orchards or tree crops should be referred to your local Extension Service.