Sources for More Information
January/February 2020: Do Your Trees Pose a Risk?
Here are some links that are especially valuable for tree risk assessment.
Three key publications, all available from the online book store of the International Society of Arboriculture.
- ANSI A300 (Part 9) Tree Risk Assessment a. Tree Failure
- Tree Risk Assessment, 2nd Edition by E. Thomas Smiley, Nelda Matheny and Sharon Lilly. Part of ISA’s Best Management Practices series.
- Tree Risk Assessment Manual, 2nd Edition by Julian A. Dunster
- Publications by the late Dr. Alex Shigo as contained in The Davey Tree Expert Company’s Shigo Collection
- Training to become Tree Risk Assessment Qualified
- Forest Service research and development resources pertaining to tree risk assessment
- Field forms for helping with data collection
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM CST
Last Updated: 03/02/21