Sources for More Information
Bulletin #93: Urban Trees and Private Property
Here are some leads that expand on what was covered in Bulletin #93. Quick links are provided for your convenience.
The following are in order of mention in Bulletin #93:
- Louisville Grows’ Urban Forestry program
- Philadelphia LandCare
- Philadelphia Orchard Project
- Maryland’s planting programs
- Worcester Tree Initiative
- SMUD – the Sacramento Municipal Utility District
- Sacramento Tree Foundation
- The Public Good Nature of the Urban Forest and Implications for Management by Shannon Lea Watkins
- Washington, D.C.’s Urban Forest Preservation Act and updates
- Branching Out to Residential Lands: Missions and Strategies of Five Tree Distribution Programs in the U. S. by V. Nguyen et el.
Other Sites Worth Visiting
- Philadelphia’s City Parks Association
- What are the rules and by-laws for planting trees on my property?
- Tree Removal Regulations by State
- Trees and the Law
Arbor Day Foundation Programs
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM CST
Last Updated: 03/25/19