Sources for More Information
Bulletin #52: Making Good Use of Small Spaces
Today, there is considerable interest in “green” buildings and other spaces, which coincides well with this bulletin’s topic. There is much more information available than can be shown here, but below are some good starting points when seeking additional sources.
Here are just a few of the many books available to provide additional information and examples:
- Designing the High Line produced by Friends of the High Line
- Green Roof Construction and Maintenance by Kelly Luckett
- Green Roof Plants: A Resource and Planting Guide by Edmund C. Snodgrass & Lucie L. Snodgrass
- Planting Green Roofs and Living Walls by Nigel Dunnett
- Landscaping Small Spaces by Hazel White
- The official website of the High Line and Friends of the High Line
- Project for Public Spaces
- Portland Bureau of Environmental Services
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
- GreenGrid® modular roof system
- Plant lists at Intrinsic Perennial Gardens, Inc.
- Nature Explore Classrooms