Sources for More Information
January/February 2019: What Is the Urban Forest?
There is considerable information available about all aspects of the urban forest. Here are some that are especially valuable.
The following are in order of mention in Bulletin No. 94:
- Urban Forestry: Planning and Managing Urban Greenspaces by Robert W. Miller, Richard J. Hauer, and Les P. Werner
- Urban Forests, Trees, and Greenspace: A Political Ecology Perspective by L. Anders Sandberg and Adrina Bardekjian
- Urban Forests: A Natural History of Trees and People in the American Cityscape by Jill Jonnes
- U.S. Urban Forest Statistics, Values, and Projections by David J. Nowak and Eric J. Greenfield.
- Using Trees and Vegetation to Reduce Heat Islands (EPA website)
- Ask an Arborist Arbor Day Foundation online assistance
- Golf Course Environmental Profile
- Cemetery Plantings and Their Symbolism
- Cemetery Trees
- Adding Trees to Parking Lots by Stephen Muskett
8:00 AM to 7:00 PM CST
Last Updated: 03/25/19