Sources for More Information
Bulletin #20: Tree City USA Growth Award
Published material is available to assist with virtually any project that can help a community achieve the Tree City USA Growth Award. Here are some books that can form an excellent basic library to help expand or improve your Tree City USA community forestry program.
- Arboriculture — Integrated Management of Landscape Trees, Shrubs and Vines by Richard W. Harris, James R. Clark, and Nelda P. Matheny.
- The Simple Act of Planting A Tree by Andy and Katie Lipkis.
- Urban Forestry — Planning and Managing Urban Greenspaces by Robert W. Miller.
- Principles and Practice of Planting Trees and Shrubs by Gary W. Watson and E. B. Himelick.
- The Pruning of Trees, Shrubs and Conifers by George E. Brown and Tony Kirkham.
- Urban and Community Forestry — A Practical Guide to Sustainability by James R. Fazio (Available through the Arbor Day Foundation).
Tree City Growth Award Application
The Tree City USA Growth Award recognizes environmental improvement and encourages higher levels of tree care throughout America. This award is designed not only to recognize achievement, but also to communicate new ideas and help the leaders of all Tree City USAs plan for improving community tree care. Download a copy of the Growth Award application form.
Call 1-888-448-7337 Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Tree City USA is an Arbor Day Foundation program in cooperation with: