To be eligible for a TD Green Space Grant, your municipality must meet the following criteria:
- Projects must take place within TD’s footprint in the United States or Canada. Preference will be given to projects in areas that primarily serve low- to moderate-income residents or take place in equity-seeking communities.
- Primary applicant must have a vested interest in the success of the project and local connection to the community. Preference will be given to applicants based in the community where the project is taking place.
- Special consideration will be given to those projects that address the current year's program theme, “Using Green Infrastructure to Cool Vulnerable Neighborhoods”
- Primary applicants are strongly encouraged to apply in partnership with community partners such as the municipality, nonprofit organizations, schools, businesses, etc.
Note: If the primary applicant is not the municipality, a letter of participation must come from the municipality stating their approval of the project and your ownership of its execution and long-term investment in the community.
- For U.S. Applicants Only:
- Preference will be given to currently recognized Tree City USA communities or those interested in becoming a Tree City USA community over the next calendar year.
- To identify the LMI status of your project, visit the FFIEC Geocoding/Mapping System. (Type in the exact address with city, state, and zip code then search. When the info comes up on the left, select Census Demographic Data. Look for the Tract Income Level. If your project serves an area that says Low or Moderate, it falls within this parameter.)
List of Eligible States and Provinces
|Eligible U.S. States||Eligible Canadian Provinces & Territories|
Included Counties in Connecticut
Fairfield, Hartford, Litchfield, Middlesex, New Haven, New London (Towns of Colchester and Lebanon), Tolland
Included Counties in Delaware
Kent, New Castle, Sussex (City of Lewes and Town of Milton)
Included Counties in Florida
Alachua, Bradford, Brevard, Broward, Citrus, Collier (Only: City of Naples and Everglades; Unincorporated communities of Chokoloskee, East Naples, Golden Gate, Island Walk, Lely Resort, Lely, Naples Manor, Naples Park, Ochopee, Pelican Bay, Pine Ridge, Plantation Island, Veronica Walk, Vineyards) Columbia, Duval, Highlands, Hillsborough, Indian River, Lake, Lee, Marion, Martin, Miami-Dade, Orange, Osceola, Palm Beach, Pasco, Pinellas, Polk, Putnam, Saint Johns, Saint Lucie, Sarasota, Seminole, Suwanee, Volusia
Included Counties in Maryland
Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Baltimore City, Harford, Howard, Montgomery, Prince George's
Included Counties in Maine
Androscoggin, Aroostook, Cumberland, Franklin, Hancock, Kennebec, Knox, Lincoln, Oxford, Penobscot, Sagadahoc, Somerset, Waldo, York
|Newfoundland and Labrador|
Included Counties in Massachusetts
Barnstable, Berkshire, Bristol (City of Attleboro, Towns of Easton, Mansfield, North Attleboro, Norton, Rehoboth and Seekonk only), Essex, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire, Middlesex, Norfolk, Plymouth, Suffolk, Worcester
Included Counties in New Hampshire
Belknap, Carroll, Cheshire, Grafton, Hillsborough, Merrimack, Rockingham, Strafford, Sullivan
Included Counties in New Jersey
Atlantic, Bergen, Burlington, Camden, Cape May, Cumberland, Essex, Gloucester, Hudson, Hunterdon, Mercer, Middlesex, Monmouth, Morris, Ocean, Passaic, Salem, Somerset, Sussex, Union, Warren
|Prince Edward Island|
Included Counties in New York
Albany, Bronx, Clinton, Columbia, Dutchess, Kings, Nassau, New York, Orange, Putnam, Queens, Rensselaer (Town of East Greenbush, North Greenbush, Rensselaer and Schodack), Richmond, Rockland, Saratoga, Schenectady (City of Schenectady, Towns of Glenville, Niskayuna, and Rotterdam Only), Suffolk, Sullivan, Ulster (City of Kingston, Towns of Esopus, Hurley, Marbletown, Rosendale, Saugerties, Ulster and Woodstock), Warren, Washington, Westchester
Included Counties in North Carolina
Buncombe, Burke, Haywood, Henderson, McDowell, Mitchell, New Hanover, Pender, Polk, Rutherford, Yancey
Included Counties in Pennsylvania
Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Lehigh, Montgomery, Northampton, Philadelphia
Included Counties in Rhode Island
Bristol, Kent (City of Warwick and Town of West Warwick Only), Newport (City of Newport, Towns of Jamestown, Middletown and Portsmouth Only),Providence
Included Counties in South Carolina
Aiken, Anderson, Beaufort, Berkeley, Charleston, Dorchester, Florence, Georgetown, Greenville, Horry, Jasper, Kershaw, Laurens, Lexington, Marion, Newberry, Oconee, Pickens, Richland, Spartanburg, York
Included Counties in Vermont
Bennington, Caledonia, Chittenden, Franklin, Grand Isle, Lamoille, Orleans, Rutland, Washington, Windham, Windsor
Included Counties in Virginia
Alexandria City, Arlington, Fairfax, Fairfax City, Falls Church City, Loudoun, Manassas City, Manassas Park City, Prince William
|District of Columbia|
Questions? Contact the grants administrator at .