pinterest-circle facebook-circle twitter-circle instagram-circle ss-standard-direct-right ss-standard-cart ss-standard-close ss-standard-exit ss-standard-notebook ss-standard-redirect ss-standard-rows ss-standard-search ss-standard-user delivery-truckarrow-right-line
orders cart log in search

How to Get More Information

Click here to download the Storm Recovery Kit

In cooperation with the USDA Forest Service and the International Society of Arboriculture

Information & Downloads from The Arbor Day Foundation

If you have internet access, visit The Arbor Day Foundation’s web site at, and click on the listing for “Storm Recovery.”

Included on the web site are copyright free materials available for you, including digital versions of the following materials from this kit:

  • Downloadable digital text files for all the stories included in this kit. These may be used copyright free in developing your own news copy.
  • Downloadable digital image files for illustrations shown in this kit. These are available in TIFF format in several sizes and varying degrees of resolution, for use as visuals in developing your own news stories.
  • Downloadable versions of the info-graphics used in several of the stories included in this kit. These graphics include text, illustrations and graphs and may be used as stand-alone interpretive features or as side-bars to an accompanying story. They are in EPS format and may be scaled to fit your layouts.
  • Information for homeowners about tree care, tree planting, and other related topics.

The Arbor Day Foundation can also provide information via phone, fax, or mail. Please contact:

Jeff Salem, Director of Communications & Public Relations,   email

Additional information about trees and storm damage to trees is available from a variety of federal, state, local, and private resources. These include the USDA Forest Service, state foresters' offices, university extension services, and city foresters or parks departments. Telephone numbers for these and other organizations in your specific area are listed in your local telephone book or may be obtained by contacting The Arbor Day Foundation at the numbers listed above.

For Information About Locating Qualified Arborists:

International Society of Arboriculture

The International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) is a worldwide professional association for arborists. In cooperation with the University of Illinois Cooperative States Research, Education, and Extension Service, they maintain an internet web site called Arboriculture On-Line, at This site offers a wide-ranging menu of information about trees, arboriculture, and a complete listing of ISA certified individual arborists, accessible by community name, arborist name, or zip code. Also available from this site are consumer information reports on topics of interest, including tree care, how to hire an arborist, working with hazardous trees, and pruning for both young and mature trees.

International Society of Arboriculture
P.O. Box 3129
Champaign, IL 61826-3129
Telephone: (217) 355-9411
Fax: (217) 355-9516
Web site:

Tree Care Industry Association

Established in 1938 as the National Arborist Association, today's TCIA is a trade association of more than 2,300 commercial tree care firms and affiliated companies.

TCIA develops safety and education programs, standards of tree care practice, and management information for arboriculture firms around the world. We provide continuing education, training, conferences and publications to promote the safe and appropriate practice of tree care, including Tree Care Industry magazine, the most circulated and read publication in the industry, and TCI EXPO, the world's largest tree care trade show.

TCIA U.S. Office
3 Perimeter Road, Unit 1
Manchester, NH 03103
Phone: 1-800-733-2622
(603) 314-5380
Fax: (603) 314-5386
Web site:

Sources of Accurate Tree Information in Your Local Area:

One of the best sources for localized information will probably be your City Forester, or other city officials who care for public trees in your communities. In many cities this is a function of the city's parks or public works department. In addition, each state has a State Forester, who is usually part of the state's department of natural resources. County and state extension services, usually affiliated with state land-grant universities, are also good sources of information about trees, tree care, and tree issues.

Click here to download this kit.