2017 Restoration Projects
Pike National Forest
South Platte Ranger District
- April 2017 planting timeline
- 25,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- Continued support for reforestation efforts that rely on partnership dollars to sustain the restoration program
- 6th year working on Pike National Forest, providing more than 370,000 trees to date
Multiple wild fires over the last 15 years have created a large need for reforestation. The goal continues to be reestablishment of forest cover; improving watershed health; and promoting endangered, threatened, and sensitive plant and species habitat.
Lake Superior State Forest
Luce County, MI
- May 2017 planting timeline
- 180,000 trees to help restore areas burned by the third worst fire in Michigan since the 1800s
- 7th year providing habitat for the endangered Kirtland’s warbler
- More than 1.5 million trees planted by Enterprise in the state of Michigan
This forested watershed provides critical ecosystem services to the upper-peninsula such as much-needed habitat for the endangered Kirtland’s warbler, clean water for high-quality trout streams, habitat and food source for upland game species, and recreation for residents and visitors alike.
Landes Forest of Western Europe
- Spring and fall 2017 planting window
- 40,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- 2017 is the 2nd year of tree planting in France
- 90,000 total trees planted in France through our partnership
Continuing to build to momentum of the 2016 storm restoration, Enterprise is again supporting one of the largest forests in Western Europe. The project will reinforce species diversity by planting deciduous and evergreen trees across multiple forest plots.
Erzgebirgskreis Administrative District
- April /May 2017 planting window
- 14,800 trees funded by Enterprise
- 2017 is the 5th year of tree planting in Germany
- More than 90,000 trees planted in Germany through our partnership
The project is located 60 km south of Chemnitz and is focused on a orestation. Your support will ensure that European beech, maple, spruce, and larch are be planted to provide soil protection, flood prevention, and aesthetic appeal for area residents.
Rolling River First Nation
NEAR RIDING MOUNTAIN NATIONAL PARK, MANITOBA
- Fall 2017 planting window
- 40,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- 2017 is the 12th year of tree planting in Canada
- More than 880,000 trees planted in Canada through our partnership
This year’s tree planting e orts in Canada will focus on working with the Rolling River First Nation to provide much-needed new and permanent tree cover. These trees will also provide protection for the area’s critical watershed.
United Kingdom and Northern Ireland
BRACKFIELD CENTENARY WOOD, MANCHESTER, CLOUGH WOODS, AND SITES IN NORTHERN ENGLAND TO BE DETERMINED
- Early spring and winter 2017 planting window
- 75,200 trees funded by Enterprise
- 2017 is the 10th year Enterprise has planted trees in the UK
- More than 800,000 trees planted to date in the UK
Continuing to work with Woodland Trust, Enterprise is helping to create new woodlands in one of the least-forested countries in Europe. These plantings will provide tree cover on barren sites and will also honor those who served in World War One.
Davy Crockett National Forest
HOUSTON COUNTY, TEXAS
- January 2017 planting window
- 100,000 shortleaf pine funded by Enterprise
- 5th year working in the state of Texas
- 1.1 million trees planted in the state since 2013 through support from Enterprise
Restoring shortleaf pine in this area is critical, as it has su ered a 50% decline in its range since 1980. The planting area is within the habitat management area for the red-cockaded woodpecker and will provide cavities for future nesting — helping to support the population growth of this endangered species.
Econfina Creek Water Management Area
BAY AND WASHINGTON COUNTIES, FLORIDA
- January 2017 planting timeline
- 220,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- 6th year planting in the state of Florida
- Nearly 1.3 million trees planted in the state of Florida since 2012
Working alongside the Northwest Florida Water Management District, we are planting longleaf pine to protect critical water resources. The goal is to restore and preserve the primary source of drinking water for Bay County, Florida.
Superior National Forest
LAURENTIAN RANGER DISTRICT, MINNESOTA
- May 2017 planting window
- 118,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- 11 different species of evergreen and deciduous trees to be planted across the landscape
- 2017 is the 2nd year working in Superior National Forest, helping to plant more than 250,000 trees to date
Superior National Forest is home to a variety of wildlife including threatened, endangered, and sensitive species as well as recently de-listed, recovering species in the region. These restoration efforts will help to create a diverse mix of tree species and stand structures to provide valuable habitat.
Willamette River Basin
UPPER AND MIDDLE WILLAMETTE WATERSHED, OREGON
- February 2017 planting window
- 57,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- 2017 will be the 6th year Enterprise has planted trees in the state of Oregon
- More than 780,000 trees planted in the state of Oregon to date
The iconic Willamette River is 187 miles in length, drains a 11,478-square-mile area (12% of Oregon’s landscape), and serves as a major tributary of the Columbia River. Tree planting efforts here will protect the watershed area of a basin that is home to two-thirds of Oregon’s population and generates 75% of its economic output.
Stanislaus National Forest
GROVELAND RANGER DISTRICT, CALIFORNIA
- February/March 2017 planting timeline
- 100,000 trees funded by Enterprise
- 11th year working on a California restoration project
- Enterprise has supported 9 different national forests and more than 2.2 million trees in the state of California
Enterprise is helping to replant Stanislaus National Forest after the Rim Fire of 2013, the largest wild fire in Sierra Nevada history. The fire consumed more than 250,000 acres on Stanislaus National Forest and Yosemite National Park and left the area in desperate need of restoration.
Republic of Ireland
MULTIPLE WOODLAND SITES
- Saturday, February 11 planting date
- 2017 is the first year Enterprise has planted trees in Ireland
- 20,000 trees funded by Enterprise to commemorate 20 years working in the Republic of Ireland
- Enterprise employees will have the opportunity to volunteer and plant trees as part of the celebration
Working with the group One Million Trees in One Day, Enterprise will help establish tree cover and woodland in both rural and urban areas. ese newly planted forests will grow and provide valuable resources, ecosystem services, and a lasting legacy for future generations.