Working with Ecosphere+, we are supplying sustainable economic opportunities for rural villages and indigenous communities in the high forest of Peru.
- The project is located in Peru’s high forest between the Andes and the Amazon Basin.
- This project is working in a huge landscape of 3.7 million to protect 1.3 million hectares of threatened forest.
- Conservation and protection activities inside the forest include biological monitoring and scientific research, as well as surveillance and control of illegal human behaviors.
Key Project Impacts
- 25.2 million metric tons of green house emissions avoided to date.
- 28 sustainable enterprises were created or are supported.
- 688 jobs support with 38% held by women.
Project activities aim to improve ecosystem resilience.
Focuses on establishing sustainable livelihoods through technical assistance and support for transitioning land use to agroforestry systems for sustainable cocoa and coffee production.
It is home to more than 80 large and medium-sized mammals, approximately 180 fish species, and more than 600 bird species. Healthy habitats provide a home for wildlife including the spectacled bear, jaguar, and harpy eagle.
This project actively supports the following Global Goals for Sustainable Development:
To learn more about how verified forestry carbon credits can be a valuable part of your corporate sustainable development plan, please contact our team at .