We partner with GreenTrees® to restore degraded agricultural lands back to their original and highly beneficial forest ecosystem in the lower Mississippi River Valley.
- Degraded agricultural lands are being restored back to forest ecosystem.
- This is the largest verified reforestation carbon credit program in the world through programmatic aggregation.
- The goal is to create forests that small and medium sized landowners will permanently maintain due to financial incentives such as carbon credit sales, wood products, and recreational and conservation services.
- Standard: American Carbon Registry
Key Project Impacts
- 130,000+ acres of land replanted and managed through partnerships with over 600 private landowners.
- 50+ million trees planted, 5.3 million through the Arbor Day Foundation with 10 million more trees to be planted.
- 26 tree species planted.
- 5+ million metric tons of carbon credits issued by the American Carbon Registry, via 12 successful ex-post verifications,
This project sequesters carbon. Due to planting design, this project also expedites tree growth, accelerates CO2 sequestration, improves tree quality, and promotes higher survivability.
This project gives landowners a way to take a more active role in rehabilitating their land – and grow in their own love, care, and loyalty to it. Additionally, hundreds of thousands of jobs are created across 20+ industries for every one million dollars invested in reforestation.
Restoring degraded lands establishes quality wildlife habitats for both game and non-game species. Calculated tree planting ensures that multiple species of trees can be planted with maximized biodiversity rather than a single homogeneous tree type.
This project actively supports the following Global Goals for Sustainable Development: