You Can Help Your Town
The value of your community trees is both easy to see—and easy to overlook.
We all enjoy the beauty of trees. We also reap the many benefits of well-managed city forestry: more valuable homes and businesses, cleaner air and water, lower energy costs. better controlled storm water, and a better quality of life.
A town or city becoming a Tree City USA almost always begins with someone like you who urges city leadership to support well-managed community forestry and apply for recognition.
And once your local city forestry management is underway, you can help make it even better.
Here are ways for you to share in the work of Tree City USA and help the community where you live.
- Find out if your town is a Tree City USA.
- Learn more about the benefits of living in a Tree City USA
- Volunteer with a tree planting group near you.
- Urge your city’s Leadership to apply for recognition.
- Contact your state urban forestry coordinator for assistance.
- Already a Tree City USA? You can help even more.