Making Good Use of Small Spaces
Tree City USA Bulletin #52—Sources for More Information
Today there is considerable interest in “green” buildings and other spaces. This coincides well with the topic of this bulletin making good use of small spaces. There is much more available on these topics than can be shown here, but below are some good starting points when seeking additional sources of information.
- Designing the High Line produced by Friends of the High Line
- Green Roof Construction and Maintenance by Kelly Luckett
- Green Roof Plants: A Resource and Planting Guide by Edmund C. Snodgrass & Lucie L. Snodgrass
- Planting Green Roofs and Living Walls by Nigel Dunnett
- Landscaping Small Spaces by Hazel White
When viewing any of these books at Amazon.com, see additional related books that are recommended.
Please remember: All book purchases made through our arborday.org link to Amazon.com, returns a portion of the sale price to the Arbor Day Foundation to support its educational programs in tree planting and environmental stewardship. Simply go to the Arbor Day Online Books section of this site.
Some Excellent Web Links
- The official Web site of the High Line and Friends of the High Line
- Project for Public Spaces
- Portland Bureau of Environmental Services
- Green Roofs for Healthy Cities
- GreenGridï¿½ modular roof system
- Plant lists at Intrinsic Perennial Gardens, Inc.
- Nature Explore Classrooms
Call 1-888-448-7337 | Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM | CST