Sources for More Information
Bulletin #30: Ten Tree Myths to Think About
Some are startling, some are controversial, but if you would like more myths to think about, the late Dr. Alex Shigo's 100 Tree Myths is for you. While Bulletin No. 30 focuses on management-related myths, Dr. Shigo's 80-page book looks at individual trees as living, growing organisms. This book will educate the novice and challenge the jprofessional, but all will find it as entertaining as it is educational.
- Do only leaves photosynthesize?
- Is fertilizer really tree food?
- Should limbs be removed to compensate for the loss of roots after transplanting?
These questions and many more are explained in this unusual book. It is available for $14.00 plus shipping/handling from:
- Shigo and Trees, Associates LLC
- PO Box 2466
- Snohomish, WA 98291-2466
- Phone: 1 360-862-1869
- Fax: 1 360-862-8490
- Also online at http://shigoandtrees.com/index.php
Call 1-888-448-7337 Monday–Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST
Tree City USA is an Arbor Day Foundation program in cooperation with: