The Arbor Day Foundation's Role in the Hazelnut Consortium
The Arbor Day Foundation began the Hazelnut Research Project in 1996 with plantings of hybrid hazelnuts at Arbor Day Farm. By 2000 the project evolved to include charter members across the nation conducting research on hazelnuts in their own backyards and has nearly reached 100,000 active members.
- Best Practices and methods for growing hazelnuts from seeds.
- Hybrids Hazelnuts can thrive in Nebraska as a dryland crop.
- Arbor Day Farm Hybrids grow best in zones 4 to 8.
- Doug Farrar: Vice-President Arbor Day Farm, Hazelnut Consortium Board of Representatives
- Dan Lambe: Vice-President Programs