2007 National Arbor Day Awards
Promise to the Earth Award
Enterprise Rent-a-CarEnterprise Rent-A-Car and The Home Depot Foundation are the recipients of the Promise to the Earth Award, which recognizes sustained commitment and leadership by a corporation that joins with the Arbor Day Foundation on special projects. Enterprise Rent-A-Car has pledged $1 million a year for the next 50 years to plant trees in national forests that have been damaged by wildfire.
Home Depot FoundationThe Home Depot Foundation partnered with the Arbor Day Foundation on a nationwide tree-planting campaign in 20 cities during the past two years in which 2,000 trees were added urban forests. School children in each city helped plant the trees to add beauty, purify the air, and create shade for their community.
This year's winners are:
- Sebastian Chuwa, Moshi, Tanzania
- Ray Tretheway, Sacramento, California
- Ruth A. Wilson, Bowling Green, Ohio
- Majora Carter, Bronx, New York
- James Huff, Taylorsville, Mississippi
- Bob & Margaret Kintigh, Springfield, Oregon
- Steve Woodard, Cottage Grove, Oregon
- Mississippi Audubon, Moss Point, Mississippi
- NFL Environmental Program, Warwick, Rhode Island
- Planting for Growth, Weed, California
- Sycamore Land Trust, Bloomington, Indiana
- Earl & Wanda Barrs, Buckley County, Georgia
- City of Kent Youth Tree Education Program, Kent, Washington
- Tree Amigos 4H Club, Anniston, Alabama
- Leaf Man by Lois Ehlert, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- The Tree Farmer by Chuck Leavell & Nicholas Cravotta, Macon, Georgia
- TREE: A New Vision of the American Forest by James Balog, Boulder, Colorado
- TREEmendous Arbor Day, Arapahoe, Nebraska
- Enterprise Rent-a-Car
- Home Depot Foundation
Award winners are recognized for their leadership in the cause of tree planting, conservation,and environmental stewardship.
Leaders in tree planting, conservation, and environmental stewardship from around the country and world are honored each year at our annual Arbor Day Awards celebration held in Nebraska City, Nebraska. The awards ceremony is part of the annual Arbor Day weekend celebration held at Lied Lodge & Conference Center.